August 3, 2010

Crock Pot Mac and Cheese - thank goodness for crock pot liners!

So this is something I've been planning on trying for a while. I mean, mac and cheese is easy enough but crock pot mac and cheese is even easier... that is, if you get the recipe right. Somehow, while I was writing down the recipe, I forgot to put "add milk" in the instructions.

I then spent the next 6 hours wondering why it smelled like burning cheese even though it definitely wasn't done yet.

However, it didn't taste bad - in fact, I think it tasted better than my 3 other homemade mac and cheese recipes. I'm just glad I decided to try out the crock pot liners I bought, because I think I might have ruined my crock pot otherwise.

Here's the recipe (with the milk) if anyone's interested. I can't remember where I got it from, but if anyone finds it let me know and I'll post a link to the original.

Ingredients:
8oz. macaroni, cooked+drained
12oz. can of evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups milk
2 eggs
4 cups shredded cheese (I used Marble and Monterey Jack)

Place macaroni in slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add evaporated milk, milk, eggs and 3 cups of cheese. Mix well. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, cover and cook for 5-6 hours on low. It should be firm and golden around the edges.

Do not remove the cover or stir while cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment