August 10, 2010

Easy Budgeting

Budgeting always seems like a hugely impossible task. I've been looking for an easy way to do budgeting for a long while. I've checked books, software, websites... but it wasn't until yesterday that I finally found what I was looking for.

PearBudget is the easiest budgeting tool I have ever found. It walks you through creating a budget step by step to record your "Planned Income" and "Budgeted Spending" as well as "Irregular expenses" (things that you need to plan for but that don't happen every month). Then you manually input your income, savings, debt and expenses each month. I know what you're thinking - "Manual receipt submission? Really?". Yes, really. It's the best way to go. Honestly, it only takes a few minutes a week and it makes you much more aware of where all your money is going. Because of this, it helps you cut back in some areas and put more money into your savings.

It's also all online, so it won't junk up your computer, you don't have to worry about losing the info and you can access it from anywhere.

I strongly urge anyone trying to get a better handle on money to check out this website: PearBudget.com

No comments:

Post a Comment