August 11, 2010

My Paper Towel Obsession

Skoy Eco-Friendly Single Cleaning Cloth: Multiple Colors Shipped With Flower Print. Replaces Use of Paper Towels. 100% Biodegradable, Natural.I love paper towels. I use them for everything. However, I hate to think of the impact my paper towel obsession (averaging a roll a week for our little family) has on the environment. I've been slowly trying to turn our family towards more eco-friendly options in all areas of our lives (besides helping the environment, it usually helps our wallets with very little extra work), so I was glad to stumble on this paper towel alternative today.

Introducing SKOY cloth - a biodegradable, eco-friendly alternative to paper towels and wet wipes. It can absorb up to 15x its own weight (way better than any paper towel) and it is machine washable (it can even be washed in the dish washer!) and therefore can be reused. The FAQs on their website says it might last over a year.

My problem with reusable cleaning products (cloths, sponges, ect) is that they tend to stink after a while. Even reusable ones tend to get thrown out in my kitchen because I can't stand the thought of using it again. SKOY cloths can be microwaved in order to kill bacteria, keeping them clean and stink-free.

I think this is one of the best products I've found in a long time, and I'm definitely going to buy a package or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment